Legal expense insurance pays legal costs incurred while defending your rights. In doing so, legal expense insurance provides policyholders with affordable access to justice.
With Firearm Legal Defence insurance, you can exercise your rights knowing that you will be guided every step of the way, and that your legal expenses will be covered.
Firearm Legal Defence is more than a policy; it’s empowerment, and that you have full access to professional legal counsel and expense coverage when and if you need it.
The specific areas covered by Firearm Legal Defence insurance for gun and bow owners are as follows:
- Defence from prosecution should you be charged with an offence arising from the use, storage, display, transportation or handling of a firearm or bow.
- Coverage in cases where a firearm or bow is used in self defence, the defence of a person under your protection or the defence of your property.
- Appealing an event where a licensing, regulatory or judicial authority refuses to renew, suspends, revokes, cancels or alters the terms of your firearms license. Note that this provision does not apply to new license applications.
Legal Expenses Covered
- The cost of retaining a lawyer or other appointed representative, including court fees, experts’ fees, police reports and medical reports.
- Costs awarded by the court to opponents in civil cases if the insured person has been ordered to pay them, or pays them with the agreement of the insurance company.
- Lost salary or wages for the time the insured is off work to attend court or any other hearing at the request of the appointed representative, up to a maximum of $500 per day, and $10,000 in total.
The maximum benefit payable is $250,000 per occurrence or up to $1,000,000 for multiple occurrences in the same policy year.
For full policy details, click here.